Updates to Inorganic Solid Phases and MSI Eureka Collections
The latest major update in the areas of inorganic materials include more than 15,000 crystal structures, 17,000+ data values for numerous physical and chemical properties, and over 80 new phase and diagrams for binary and ternary alloys. Additionally, nearly 50 phase diagram reports, featuring extensive examinations of material phases and properties, are now available.
SpringerMaterials Updates in June 2017
New Landolt-Börnstein Volumes and Expanded Data for SpringerMaterials Interactive. View more...
- LB II/32A: Porphyrins
- LB VIII/6A2: Polymer Solids and Polymer Melts. Part 2: Thermodynamic Properties (pVT-Data) and Thermal Properties
- LB VIII/13: Specialty Thermoplastics
- SMF: Surface Science Tools for Nanomaterials Characterization
- SMF: Magnetic Characterization Techniques for Nanomaterials
- SMF: Properties and Applications of Polymer Nanocomposites. Clay and Carbon Based Polymer Nanocomposites.
Thousands of new data sets covering the thermophysical properties of pure substances and mixtures can now be used with SpringerMaterials Interactive. Included are data on dielectric constants, heats of transformation, virial coefficients, and viscosities.
Consolidated data sets with enhanced analysis tools and tailored customized data export.
The first dynamic data sets and advanced functionalities comprising SpringerMaterials Interactive. Data available in this first of many interactive data deployments cover refractive indices, surface tension, and excess enthalpy. Detailed information on SpringerMaterials Interactive can be found here.
Content Updates in December 2016
Updates to the Landolt-Börnstein, SpringerMaterials Fundamentals, and MSI Database are now available. View more...
- LB I/25F 2015: Excited Nuclear States – Supplement to I/25 A-E
- LB I/25G 2016: Excited Nuclear States – Supplement to I/25 A-F
- LB I/25H 2016: Excited Nuclear States – Supplement to I/25 A-G
- LB II/30A 2014: Structure Data of Free Polyatomic Molecules – Molecules containing No Carbon Atoms and Molecules containing One or Two Carbon Atoms
- LB II/30B 2014: Structure Data of Free Polyatomic Molecules – Molecules containing Three or Four Carbon Atoms and Molecules containing Five or More Carbon Atoms
- SMF: Nanomaterials Characterization
- SMF: Composite Materials
- SMF: Glassy Metals
The Landolt-Börnstein volumes cover data on excited nuclear states and the structure of polyatomic molecules. The SpringerMaterials Fundamentals series adds content on nanomaterials characterization, composites, and glassy metals.
The MSI Database has also been expanded with dozens of new and updated binary and ternary phase diagram reports.
Inorganic Solid Phases Updates
The Inorganic Solid Phases collection has been further expanded and now includes tens of thousands of new crystal structures and physical property data. In addition to thousands of new interactive binary and ternary phase diagrams, phase stability range tables are also now available for nearly ten thousand binary phase diagrams.
Citations for SpringerMaterials content are now directly exportable in the .bib, .EndNote, or .ris formats. This feature is located in the “Cite this content” section at the bottom of each content page.
Corrosion Database Launched
SpringerMaterials now includes an extensive Corrosion Database for metals and alloys. This new section contains thousands of records with data on corrosion rates/ratings, modes of attack, exposure conditions, and more. The Corrosion Database can be easily searched by material name and/or environment. Try Corrosion Search
Landolt-Börnstein updates in April 2016
The latest SpringerMaterials update includes three new Landolt-Börnstein volumes and one SpringerMaterials Fundamentals volume. View more...
- LB III/34A: Semiconductor Quantum Structures - Growth and Structuring , edited by C. Klingshirn , examines the preparation and applications of quantum dots, wells, and wires.
- LB III/45A: Physics of Solid Surfaces - Subvolume A , edited by G.Chiarotti , critically reviews topics like graphene, nanotubes, metal oxides, and more.
- LB IV/22A: Magnetic Properties of d-Elements , Alloys and Compounds Under Pressure, edited by Y. Kawazoe , provides extensive data on magnetic single metals, and disordered and ordered alloys and compounds containing 3d elements as magnetic atoms.
- SMF: Applications of Ionic Liquids in Polymer Science and Technology , edited by D. Mecerreyes , is the first book specifically focusing on the properties and applications of ionic liquids in the polymer science context.
Landolt-Börnstein updates in January 2016
The SpringerMaterials platform added five Landolt-Börnstein and three SpringerMaterials Fundamentals books. View more...
- LB I/26A: Neutron Resonance Parameters - Supplement to I/24, edited by H. Schopper
- LB VIII/11A: Nanocrystalline Materials , edited by E. Burzo and H.P.J. Wijn
- LB VIII/11B: Nanocrystalline Materials , edited by E. Burzo and H.P.J. Wijn
- LB II/20C1δ: Molecular Constants , edited by G. Guelachvili
- LB IV/19C2: Thermodynamic Properties of Inorganic Materials - Ternary Steel Systems : Phase Diagrams and Phase Transition Data - Ternary Systems from Cr-Mn-N to Ni-Si-Ti, edited by SGTE
- SMF: Handbook of Polymer Nanocomposites. Processing, Performance and Application. Volume B : Carbon Nanotube Based Polymer Composites, edited by J.K. Pandey
- SMF: Handbook of Polymer Nanocomposites. Processing, Performance and Application. Volume C : Polymer Nanocomposites of Cellulose Nanoparticles, edited by J.K. Pandey
- SMF: Innovative Biofibers from Renewable Resources , edited by N. Reddy and Y. Yang
These volumes help close gaps in our existing collection of properties information of materials.
Browse the new bookshelf
Easily navigate book content on SpringerMaterials with the new bookshelf feature. This optimized interface allows quick and easy browsing... Browse the new bookshelf
Interested in specific sections of SpringerMaterials? Search by individual data collection with the new “Browse by collection” tool.