New Substance Profiles
1208 new profiles of inorganic materials were added to our Substance Profiles content collection. Many of these are semiconductor materials. These substance profiles provide an overview of everything available on SpringerMaterials for a given material, allowing you to quickly navigate to the desired property. Here is an example of a substance profile for ZnO
Inorganic Solid Phases Updates
The latest update to Inorganic Solid Phases (ISP) includes:
- 15038 interactive crystal structures
- 12029 physical property data sheets
- 1064 interactive phase diagrams
Major Updates to Substance Profiles
In addition, 1094 new profiles of inorganic materials were added to our Substance Profiles, bringing the total count in this collection to 33528. A large portion of this update is dedicated to semiconductor materials. These substance profiles provide a complete overview of everything available on SpringerMaterials for a given material, allowing you to quickly navigate to the desired property.
New Data Collection - Metal Foam
We are excited to announce the addition of a new data collection called Metal Foams. This collection contains 271 property datasheets on metal foams and covers mechanical, thermal, and fluidic properties of these materials.
Landolt-Börnstein updates in July 2019
This latest update includes 7 Landolt-Börnstein Volumes and 1 SpringerMaterials Fundamentals Volume: View more...
- LB II/20C2: Edited by Guelachvili, N. Picqué, Molecular Constants Mostly from Infrared Spectroscopy. Non-linear Triatomic Molecules, Part 2: Ozone. Contains infrared spectroscopic data on O3 (Ozone)
- LB III/37C1, III/37C2, III/37C3: Edited by Y. Kawazoe, U. Carow-Watamura, Phase Diagrams and Physical Properties of Nonequilibrium Alloys. Subvolume C: Physical Properties of Multi-Component Amorphous Alloys. These 3 books present information about the structure of multicomponent bulk metallic glasses and the following properties: Physical properties, Mechanical Properties, Magnetic Properties, Electrical Properties, and some Chemical Properties.
- LB III/44H: Edited by, H. Rössler, D. Strauch, New Data and Updates for IIa-VI Compounds with Mg and Sr (Structural Properties, Thermal and Thermodynamic Properties, and Lattice Properties). Contains data on properties of semiconducting IIa-VI Compounds with Mg and Sr.
- LB III/45B: Edited by, G. Chiarotti, P. Chiaradia, Physics of Solid Surfaces. Subvolume B. This book provides a good overview of the past and present research in all fields of Surface Science.
- LB IV/9B2: Edited by, M.D. Lechner / R. Holze, Electrochemistry. Subvolume B: Electrical Conductivities and Equilibria of Electrochemical Systems - Part 2: Deep Eutectic Solvents and Electrolyte Solutions. This is a comprehensive data-collection of electrolytic conductivities of deep eutectic solvents and electrolytic solutions.
- Engineered Cementitious Composites, by V.C. Liu. This reference book presents a comprehensive coverage of the material design methodology, processing methodology, mechanical and durability properties, smart functions, and application case studies.
Inorganic Solid Phases Updates
The latest major update in the areas of inorganic materials include approximately 11880+ crystal structures, 11,000 data values for numerous physical and chemical properties, and over 1,000 new phase diagrams for binary and ternary alloys.
Major Updates to NMR, Corrosion and Semiconductor Data
We are pleased to announce the addition of the NACE Corrosion Data Survey: Metals Section handbook to SpringerMaterials, which includes the performance of 31 metals in 1012 corrosive environments at various temperatures. Also, over 17000 new data points of 77Se NMR will now be available – this doubles our existing content on NMR data! Finally, digitized data on 38 different semiconductors and 48 properties extracted from Landolt-Börnstein volumes are now available on SpringerMaterials Interactive. For these data sets, users will no longer be limited by static PDFs, but rather take advantage of advanced tools and functionality.
Major update to Landolt-Börnstein and MSI data collection
The latest SpringerMaterials update will contain 16 new Landolt-Börnstein volumes and 4 SpringerMaterials Fundamentals volumes on topics including: the magnetic properties of materials, porphyrins, optical constants, diffusion, and electrochemistry. The SpringerMaterials Fundamentals series also adds content on nanomaterials characterization, nanomaterials for energy storage and conversion, and self-lubricating composites. And, the MSI database has been expanded with new or updated evaluation reports for 50+ element systems.
Coming soon: Advanced interactive tools for semiconductor content on SpringerMaterials
The first set of digitized data from the Landolt-Börnstein volumes on semiconductor materials will launch this fall on SpringerMaterials. PDF documents of these books will soon be available in interactive formats as part of the SpringerMaterials Interactive. Users will be able to take advantage of enhanced data visualization, material comparisons, and export tools to analyze property data of semiconductor materials. A few substances are already available for use here is an example but stay tuned for more!
Inorganic Solid Phases Updates
The latest major update in the areas of inorganic materials include approximately 15,000 crystal structures, 21,000+ data values for numerous physical and chemical properties, and over 1600 new phase diagrams for binary and ternary alloys.
Major updates to multiple content collections
The last update of 2017 contains new Landolt-Börnstein and SpringerMaterials Fundamentals volumes on topics like the magnetic properties of materials, metal forming data, and spectroscopic data on small molecules. Thousands of new gas adsorption isotherms covering dozens of adsorbates and hundreds of adsorbents have been added. The Thermophysical Properties data collection has also been expanded with 5500+ of new data sets. Finally, a new data collection featuring 17O and 33S NMR data for thousands of substances is now available on the platform.
Updates to Inorganic Solid Phases and MSI Eureka Collections
The latest major update in the areas of inorganic materials include more than 15,000 crystal structures, 17,000+ data values for numerous physical and chemical properties, and over 80 new phase and diagrams for binary and ternary alloys. Additionally, nearly 50 phase diagram reports, featuring extensive examinations of material phases and properties, are now available.
SpringerMaterials Updates in June 2017
New Landolt-Börnstein Volumes and Expanded Data for SpringerMaterials Interactive. View more...
- LB II/32A: Porphyrins
- LB VIII/6A2: Polymer Solids and Polymer Melts. Part 2: Thermodynamic Properties (pVT-Data) and Thermal Properties
- LB VIII/13: Specialty Thermoplastics
- SMF: Surface Science Tools for Nanomaterials Characterization
- SMF: Magnetic Characterization Techniques for Nanomaterials
- SMF: Properties and Applications of Polymer Nanocomposites. Clay and Carbon Based Polymer Nanocomposites.
Thousands of new data sets covering the thermophysical properties of pure substances and mixtures can now be used with SpringerMaterials Interactive. Included are data on dielectric constants, heats of transformation, virial coefficients, and viscosities.
Consolidated data sets with enhanced analysis tools and tailored customized data export.
The first dynamic data sets and advanced functionalities comprising SpringerMaterials Interactive. Data available in this first of many interactive data deployments cover refractive indices, surface tension, and excess enthalpy. Detailed information on SpringerMaterials Interactive can be found here.
Content Updates in December 2016
Updates to the Landolt-Börnstein, SpringerMaterials Fundamentals, and MSI Database are now available. View more...
- LB I/25F 2015: Excited Nuclear States – Supplement to I/25 A-E
- LB I/25G 2016: Excited Nuclear States – Supplement to I/25 A-F
- LB I/25H 2016: Excited Nuclear States – Supplement to I/25 A-G
- LB II/30A 2014: Structure Data of Free Polyatomic Molecules – Molecules containing No Carbon Atoms and Molecules containing One or Two Carbon Atoms
- LB II/30B 2014: Structure Data of Free Polyatomic Molecules – Molecules containing Three or Four Carbon Atoms and Molecules containing Five or More Carbon Atoms
- SMF: Nanomaterials Characterization
- SMF: Composite Materials
- SMF: Glassy Metals
The Landolt-Börnstein volumes cover data on excited nuclear states and the structure of polyatomic molecules. The SpringerMaterials Fundamentals series adds content on nanomaterials characterization, composites, and glassy metals.
The MSI Database has also been expanded with dozens of new and updated binary and ternary phase diagram reports.
Inorganic Solid Phases Updates
The Inorganic Solid Phases collection has been further expanded and now includes tens of thousands of new crystal structures and physical property data. In addition to thousands of new interactive binary and ternary phase diagrams, phase stability range tables are also now available for nearly ten thousand binary phase diagrams.
Citations for SpringerMaterials content are now directly exportable in the .bib, .EndNote, or .ris formats. This feature is located in the “Cite this content” section at the bottom of each content page.
Corrosion Database Launched
SpringerMaterials now includes an extensive Corrosion Database for metals and alloys. This new section contains thousands of records with data on corrosion rates/ratings, modes of attack, exposure conditions, and more. The Corrosion Database can be easily searched by material name and/or environment. Try Corrosion Search
Landolt-Börnstein updates in April 2016
The latest SpringerMaterials update includes three new Landolt-Börnstein volumes and one SpringerMaterials Fundamentals volume. View more...
- LB III/34A: Semiconductor Quantum Structures - Growth and Structuring , edited by C. Klingshirn , examines the preparation and applications of quantum dots, wells, and wires.
- LB III/45A: Physics of Solid Surfaces - Subvolume A , edited by G.Chiarotti , critically reviews topics like graphene, nanotubes, metal oxides, and more.
- LB IV/22A: Magnetic Properties of d-Elements , Alloys and Compounds Under Pressure, edited by Y. Kawazoe , provides extensive data on magnetic single metals, and disordered and ordered alloys and compounds containing 3d elements as magnetic atoms.
- SMF: Applications of Ionic Liquids in Polymer Science and Technology , edited by D. Mecerreyes , is the first book specifically focusing on the properties and applications of ionic liquids in the polymer science context.
Landolt-Börnstein updates in January 2016
The SpringerMaterials platform added five Landolt-Börnstein and three SpringerMaterials Fundamentals books. View more...
- LB I/26A: Neutron Resonance Parameters - Supplement to I/24, edited by H. Schopper
- LB VIII/11A: Nanocrystalline Materials , edited by E. Burzo and H.P.J. Wijn
- LB VIII/11B: anocrystalline Materials , edited by E. Burzo and H.P.J. Wijn
- LB II/20C1δ: Molecular Constants , edited by G. Guelachvili
- LB IV/19C2: Thermodynamic Properties of Inorganic Materials - Ternary Steel Systems : Phase Diagrams and Phase Transition Data - Ternary Systems from Cr-Mn-N to Ni-Si-Ti, edited by SGTE
- SMF: Handbook of Polymer Nanocomposites. Processing, Performance and Application. Volume B : Carbon Nanotube Based Polymer Composites, edited by J.K. Pandey
- SMF: Handbook of Polymer Nanocomposites. Processing, Performance and Application. Volume C : Polymer Nanocomposites of Cellulose Nanoparticles, edited by J.K. Pandey
- SMF: Innovative Biofibers from Renewable Resources , edited by N. Reddy and Y. Yang
These volumes help close gaps in our existing collection of properties information of materials.
Browse the new bookshelf
Easily navigate book content on SpringerMaterials with the new bookshelf feature. This optimized interface allows quick and easy browsing... Browse the new bookshelf
Interested in specific sections of SpringerMaterials? Search by individual data collection with the new “Browse by collection” tool.